Monday, September 28, 2009

Starting your chldren on the right path!

Hi there! My name is Amanda and I am the founder of Stepping Stones Educare. I run a very affordable, loving, nurturing and educational in-home childcare service. I have a 3 year old son who is just the light of my life! Children are my absolute PASSION! I know, it sounds so cliche' but I only have one child and so much love to give! There is nothing in this world that brings me greater happiness than to help children learn and grow into wonderful little people!

In my home, we do not just sit around and watch TV. We follow a daily schedule to provide the children with structure and stability away from their home environment. This helps them adjust to a daycare/preschool atmosphere and also cuts down on behavioral issues. Our daily schedule includes a morning circle time (Sing-a-longs, dancing, picking out daily helpers), learning time (shapes, colors, ABC's, number recognition etc.), and arts and crafts (the children go home every day with a special keepsake or something to hang on the fridge). We also go outside and play when the weather permits. While I have the children on a structured schedule, I also believe that some of the best learning comes with play, so therefore I set aside time for learn through play time. I provide a balanced Breakfast, Lunch, and snacks daily. Many childcare providers only offer 2 snacks daily. I do not do this. If a child is hungry they will be fed regardless of whether they have already had 2 snacks.

I am NOT a babysitter. I am a childcare provider. There is a big difference. A babysitter is someone who watches your children. I interact with the children and are involved with every activity that they do. I love and care for all the little ones in my care as if they were truly my own. I think of them as "my" kiddos. I treasure the time that I am able to spend with them and thank the parents profusely for allowing me to be a part of their child's life.

More to come later, just wanted to tell all of you a little bit about what we do here.

Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment